Host an Eco-Fair
Here are a few simple suggestions for hosting an eco-fair at your congregation:
List of Possible Stations
- Fair Trade/Shade Grown Coffee (and Chocolate?)
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs: (Some states have programs to see these as fundraisers. Or get them at local hardware stores and resell them)
- Green Cleaning Products (get these from local stores or catalogue companies)
- Sign up to get action alerts (Arrange for action alerts with local environmental group or national church agency)
Earth-friendly practices for Eco-Fair Day
- Ask people (where feasible) to use earth-friendly transportation—walk, ride a bike, take public transportation, share a ride.
- Use earth-friendly practices at the coffee hour (ceramic instead of paper or plastic) and worship (such as intinction rather than cups).
- Healthy/ justice food for coffee hour (fruit, whole wheat breads, fair trade coffee, juice, etc.)
- Worship without paper bulletins or set up a place at the exits for people to recycle them.
back to Religious Education